Oil on Canvas, 58x48cm.
One of the most respected of the early St. Ives painters this exceptional example dates from circa 1910.
Mary McCrossan was born in Liverpool and studied at the Liverpool School of Art before progressing on to the Academie Delecluse in Paris. On leaving Paris she then studied under Julius Olsson in St. Ives.
She held several one-man shows at the Ballie and Beaux Arts galleries between 1909 and 1928. Lived in 126 Cheyne Walk and travelled extensively until 1929 when she moved to St. Ives permanently.
Exhibited at the Royal Academy and the R.B.A.